Mobile Elevating Work Platforms
What They Are?
Known as Scissor lifts, Boom lifts, or Areal Lifts
They are Machines or devices intended for moving persons, tools, & material to working positions, consisting of at least a work platform with controls, an extending structure, and a chassis”
Type (reference to traveling)
- Type 1: Traveling allowed only in stowed position
- Type 2: Traveling w/ the work platform elevated is controlled from a point on the chassis
- Type 3: Traveling w/ the work platform elevated is controlled from a point in the work platform
Group (platform location in reference to tipping line)
- Group A: Vertical projection of the center of the platform area, in all platform configurations at the maximum chassis inclination specified by the manufacturer, is always inside the tipping lines
- Group B: All other MEWPs not in Group A
Training Provided in English and Spanish
Scissor Lift training with card upon successful completion. Classroom and Hands on.
Areal Lift Training with card upon completion. Classroom and hands on.
Supervisor Training with card upon completion.
- Interactive training
- Pre-Operation Inspection
- Hands on Equipment Demonstration & Observation
- Written Test